ANTI-VIBRATION BAR HOLDERS
In recent years Chevin Tools has developed a range of machine adapted toolholders specifically for deep hole boring using on a lathe.
- Compatibility with both Silent Tools® and Steadyline™ anti-vibration boring bars. Excellent vibration absorption properties.
- 4x bar diameter clamping length and full radial clamping increases tool rigidity and improves cutting performance. Ideal for high force/load applications.
- Suitable for boring up to 10x the bar diameter in depth (with 14x diameter lenght bars)
- Range available for all of the major Machine Tool Manufacturers, including Mazak, Doosan, Mori Seiki, Okuma.
- Available with through-tool coolant feed via removable backplate.
- Moly-coated bore and the inclusion of jacking screws (hinge type only) make it easier to interchange both tools and reduction sleeves.
- Chevin Tools reduction sleeves allow the holder to accept tools smaller in diameter
- Many holders offer larger bore sizes than the standard holders
PRODUCT CODE BREAKDOWN
- INCH / METRIC TOOL SIZE - "A" : Inch style / Blank : Metric
- INDICATED 4XD INTERNAL HOLDER
- TOOL SIZE - For example 2 = 2 inches, 50 = 50mm
- MACHINE MODEL - LB4000EXM = Okuma LB4000EXM
- REFERENCE DIMENSION - Gauge line from turret face to centre line of boring bar (mm)
Our Split Boring Bar Holder range are designed as one of two clamping variants. Where feasible a single piece Hinge-Style will be used, however the interfacing bolt pattern and required tool size often means a 2 piece Cap-Style has to be used. Both styles of holder will accept split reduction sleeves and are suitable for 10 x diameter boring applications.
To complement our range of Split Boring Bar Holders, we also offer Split Reduction Sleeves to adapt holders to accept smaller diameter boring bars. Reduction sleeve include a captive spacer to retain the 4xD clamping ratio and through coolant feed. Our reduction sleeve are designed to be easily withdrawn and include an alignment slot for rotational positioning.
We have an extensive range of products available as standard items. This standard product range is suitable for various applications and covers a vast range of machine models. Please use the following link to explore our product library of standard items.
We pride ourselves on our technical expertise, and our experienced team is available to help you find the best solutions for your requirements.
We have on-house design facilities and we commit ourselves to understand your needs, offer you a suitable solution and respect short lead times.