HYDRAULIC & PNEUMATIC FIXTURES
Chevin Tools offer a complete design and manufacture service to produce bespoke production fixtures for both horizontal, vertical and 5 axis to facilitate the production of high volume parts to meet the challenging demands of industries such as automotive, aerospace, oil and gas and food technology.
FEATURES AND ADVANTAGES OF A CHEVIN TOOLS DESIGNED HYDRAULIC FIXTURE
- Higher machining precision.
- Lower production costs.
- Increases output.
- Fewer operational sequences.
- Reduced loading, unloading and ejection times.
- Lower reject rates.
- Dedicated designs.
- Double acting clamp cylinders guarantee positive release.
- Part sensing & machine integration guarantee safer loading & machining process.
WHAT IS ZERO POINT FIXTURING?
- A quick-change spring-hydraulic or pneumatic clamping system that ensures the correct position of parts whilst machining.
- Duplicate top plates facilitate loading and clamping off the machine while the fixture plate remains on the machine bed / table
- Positioning and clamping between the top plate and fixture plate is streamlined into a single operation, reducing setup time on the machine by up to 90
- Each Zero Point clamp is positionally accurate to 0,005mm and generates and extremely rigid in application
- By standardising the plate design the Zero Point fixturing can be used as a modular system to increase the adaptability of a fleet of machines
Zero-point Fixture Plate
(16 clamping units) 1300 x 1300
INSTALLATION, MAINTENANCE AND SERVICE CONTACTS
Beyond the design and manufacture of hydraulic fixtures; Chevin Tools also offers their expertise and support installing the fixture or system and witness an initial machining test batch before end user approval. Furthermore Chevin Tools offers service and maintenance agreements to guarantee the successful, consistent running of the fixture. Specific may be agreed before purchasing a Chevin Tools fixtures, contractual agreements are flexible and can be adapted to suit the buyer.
Whether manufacturing to a pre-existing design or from our a design proposed design Chevin Tools will apply our 60+ years of machining know how. To retain a tight control over quality and lead time we will always endeavor to keep production in house, our plant list illustrates the diverse range of machines we have at our disposal.
WHY CHEVIN TOOLS?
Experience; Chevin Tools has over 60 years experience in designing and manufacturing Workholding equipment for use in varying industries
Design; our highly skilled in-house design team make effective use of industry standard 3D & 2D CAD software to streamline the design & approval process
Manufacture; we have a large and varied range of CNC Machines which include Multi Axis Milling Machines, Cylindrical Grinding Machines,Wire EDMs and Large Envelope Horizontal Borers
Quality; our team of Quality Engineers make use of the latest metrology equipment including a 1.5x1.3m bed CMM
Delivery; by keeping design and manufacture in-house we have tighter control over production lead times
Pricing; a focus on design for manufacture allows Chevin Tools to remain extremely competitive on price without compromising quality
Legacy; Chevin Tools boasts an award winning apprentice school which continues to train the next generations of engineers