CHEVIN STANDARD BORING BAR HOLDERS
WITH IMPROVED CLAMPING
Why use Chevin Tools' Boring Bar Holders?
The machining performance during a boring operation is significantly influenced by how the boring bar is held.
Developed in conjunction with major cutting tool and machine tool manufacturers, Chevin Tools has developed a boring bar holder to improve machining performance.
The Chevin Tools boring bar holder clamps the full circumference of the boring bar, rather than gripping on flats. This allows a better surface finish than standard boring bar holders, and enables machining at higher feed and speed rates.
Benefits offered by Chevin Boring Bar Holders include:
- 2.5x bar diameter clamping length and full radial clamping
- Excellent vibration absorption properties
- Backstop can be added to upgrade holder and provide through-coolant capabilities
- Increased tool rigidity and improved cutting performance when boring
- Ideal for high force/load applications
- Coated bore and the inclusion of jacking screws make it easier to interchange boring bars
Machine adaptive clamping units developed for quick change clamping system.
For internal & external turning applications.
ANTI-VIBRATION BAR HOLDERS
Machine adaptive units for clamping anti-vibration boring bars with maximum dampening effect. 2.5xD and 4xD clamping length.
For boring applications.
THROUGH COOLANT HOLDERS
Machine adaptive clamping units for static tools, engineered to deliver high pressure internal & external coolant.
For internal turning, external turning & parting applications.